Do you love outdoor activities but only when the sun is shining and the sky is blue? Many people feel that way. For some any slight change of weather provides the perfect excuse to avoid the levels of daily exercise that are so essential for our physical health and, just as importantly, to our mental wellbeing. The English hill walker Alfred Wainwright once said, “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.” So, we thought we’d highlight fun activities you may want to consider, so you’ll always have something to do outside whatever the weather.
Outdoor activities for rainy days
- Jump around in mud puddles.
- Go for a run yourself or take your dog with you for a canicross session.
- Get a full wetsuit and learn to surf.
- Go wild swimming.
- Train for a Tough Mudder event.
- Wash your car.
Windy weather fun
- Fly a kite
- Take your dog to the park.
What to do in icy conditions
- Go on a photography nature walk.
- Head to an outdoor rink and go ice skating.
Snow day fun
- Build a snow man.
- Try cross country skiing.
- Go sledding.
So the next time the sky looks far from blue, why not don the appropriate work out clothing and go for that run in the rain.